Saturday 31 January 2015

'How do I love thee....'

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
Julie Sullock 'Hearts'

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

Jenny Ronay 'Bliss' series
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
Diana Croft 'Lone Tree'

For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

Theresa Pateman 'Love on my Fingertips'

I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

Thersa Pateman 'Twins'

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

Angela Brookes 'Morning Mist'

I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

Libby Carreck 'Meadow Buttercups'
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints – I love thee with the breath,

Kit Boyd 'Llyn Du'
Smiles, tears, of all my life! – and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Theresa Pateman 'Loveseat'


For many more beautiful and evocative images - that special Valentines gift representing profound (and fleeting!) affection, visit us at the Gallery.  It's cold out there!  Come in and browse!


No comments:

Post a Comment