Sunday 8 February 2015

'Come live with me and be my love.....'


Only 5 days to go to that special day and we have some amazing gifts for your loved ones.....Whether it's hearts and flowers you are looking for or something more eclectic we have a proliferating collection of beautiful images.

'Love on the Thames' - Theresa Pateman

Earth has not anything to show more fair:
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
A sight so touching in its majesty:
Ann Burnham's beautiful tulips
And I will make thee beds of roses 
And a thousand fragrant posies; 
A cap of flowers and a kirtle 
Embroidered all with leaves of myrtle.

'Hot Daffs' - Lucie Green

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils.

'Flying Kisses' - Hill Scott

What is love? 'Tis not hereafter,
Present mirth hath present laughter,
What's to come is still unsure.
In delay there lies no plenty,
So come kiss me sweet and twenty,
Youth's a stuff will not endure.

'Tryst' - Barbara Jackson

Alas and is there no remedy ?
But have I thus lost it wilfully ?
I wis it was a thing all too dear
To be bestowed, and wist not where :
It was mine heart, I pray you heartily
Help me to seek.
'He Loves Me' Jane Daniell

Come and see us at the Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment