Sunday 31 March 2019

MarPhilArt comes to SBP 15th - 28th April






MarPhilArt is the title of an exhibition at our Southbank Gallery from 15th-28th April 2019 showing the work of Marcella Worthington and Phillippa Egerton.

Marcella took a degree in Fine Art at Cardiff and went onto be involved in the fashion world, ranging from being a fashion illustrator in New York, textile designer in Manchester and make up artist in Chelsea. She has lived and exhibited in Berlin. She now concentrates on etching and regularly exhibits.

Artist’s statement

My work is characterised by delicate line drawing. My aim is for the viewer to experience a moody and atmospheric emotion.

I produce etchings from my watercolours of life drawings, faces and figures which I then combine as Chin Collee etchings.

London Calling


Fallen Angel


Dusk in Memphis


Phillippa did a History degree at Oxford before going into mural design and then doing a printmaking MA at Wimbledon. She does painting as well as printmaking and has won awards for her printmaking including a gold medal from the Printmakers Council and regularly exhibits in London. She has two grandchildren.

Artist’s statement

My work is bold and colourful and I like to build up complex images using a combination of drawings, photos, watercolours and created textures that I put together on the computer before screen printing. The interaction between the computer and traditional printmaking has always fascinated me.  I’m inspired by colour, light, movement and children’s toys which has led to a series of darkly comic images.

Light Fantastic

Africa Song
Into Africa
We are open Monday to Friday and Sunday 11.30 to 6.30 and Saturdays from 10.00 am to 8 .00pm



No comments:

Post a Comment